From Nature to BioComp®
BioComp® is an innovative family of bioplastics made with components natural in origin utilizing biodegradable polymers obtained from both renewable materials and fossil fuel.
Biodegradability and compostability of BioComp® is unchanged by the use of plasticizers and the addition of organic and inorganic charges (such as plant fibers, cellulose, lignin, talc…).
All BioComp® formulations are made from polimeric resins extracted both from biomass and from synthetic polymers made from bio-derived monomers and microorganisms.
The major advantages of bioplastics BioComp® are:
- Very high content of natural (renewable) resource raw materials
- Outstanding mechanical properties (similar to LDPE and EVA depending on the grade)
- Wide processing window
- Processable on standard extrusion machinery with an high throughput
- Printability without corona treatment
- Colorability guaranteed through the average biobased masterbatches
- BioComp® is obtaining the ˝OK Compost˝ certification under Belgian Body VINCOTTE AIB, which is a recognized brand from AFNOR and LNE. This brand ensures the absence of heavy metals and harmful substances in all BioComp® formulations. An excellent disintegration of the manufactured products and the ecotoxicity of the humus are assured and certified. The biodegradability of at least 90% is garanteed within six months.